I hope everyone is well!
Our next NPPOC meeting is scheduled for 2/9 from 10-12 and will be at St. John’s United Church of Christ @ 500 W Main Street in Lansdale.
Among other things, we will be discussing updates to Volunteers in Motion 2016!
I look forward to seeing everyone next week!
I’m very much looking forward to meeting with you all again soon.
Before we meet, I wanted to send out a couple of things for us all to consider so that we’re ready for some wonderful discussion when we meet on Thursday.
I want to take a minute to revisit our mission and greater goals:
1. Be committed in prayer for the needs and people of the region.
2. Become an ally and advocate for the needs of the community through partnership and collaboration in the name of Jesus.
3. Provide connection, encouragement, equipping and support for clergy.
We have achieved these goals through our action teams, Volunteers in Motion, support for Manna on Main Street and our chaplains, and our monthly meetings and lunches.
What we want to ask before our meeting, is that you consider what would be beneficial to you in the year ahead. What topics would you really like to dig into and discuss? How can the NPPOC support you best? And what needs do you consider unmet in our community?
If you have the time to jot some ideas down or just store them in your brain, please bring them to our first meeting of the year. We will talk about those, about school “adoption” updates, the NPPOC finances and budget and spend time in fellowship.
See you all Thursday!
Nadja Mummery, Coordinator
North Penn Partnership of Churches
- Serving Those in Our Churches – and the Community – with Disabilities
- Addressing Race in the Church
- Ministering to Those with Mental Illness
- Soul Care/Self Care
- How we can Partner Further with Manna on Main Street
- Learning about Domestic Violence and Trauma Recovery for Victims of Violent Crimes
- Preparing for our community-wide service blitz day “Volunteers in Motion”
I wanted to be in touch, as we begin our summer, to see if anyone would be able to help us with our goal of becoming a not-for-profit.
Our next step is finding an attorney would would be willing to volunteer to help us prepare and file some documents. If there is a member of your congregation, or if you know someone who would be willing to help in this way, please let me know as soon as you can.
I appreciate this support so that we can move forward with our mission and work in our community!